Jonathan E. Reid
|"Jonathan E. Reid"|
Jonathan E. Reid is the protagonist of Vampyr. Once a high-ranking military surgeon and renowned blood specialist, turned vampire upon returning home to the war torn city of London that was at the mercy of the Spanish Flu epidemic. Although the Great War was coming to an end, Doctor Reid finds himself in the middle of different kind of war that only he can stop before its too late. Also now both a vampire and a doctor, Reid must fight his own war as well: to succumb to his need for blood or retain his humanity to save the city from plunging into chaos?
Reid must very closely study his victims, because every death has its consequences, which will influence the life and story around Reid. Players will be able to finish the game without taking blood of civilians, although then they won't be able to level up their character as much or learn as much new abilities. The game also will get significantly harder to play. 
Biography[edit | edit source]
Born in London, Jonathan, along with his sister Mary, were raised in the West End. All was well until their father disappeared, for unknown reasons, when Jonathan was starting his pursuit of becoming a doctor, leaving the rest of the family distraught for a time. Before enlisting to part-take in the Great War, Jonathan Reid was already a renowned doctor and a skilled surgeon. During the war Reid continued on his pursuit on perfecting his work and research on blood transfusions, while still saving lives on the front lines in the process. Although he loves his family deeply, his career had created a void in the relationship when the need of strangers outshine the need of those closest to him.
Other Facts[edit | edit source]
- Owns a plant named Lisa
- Was taught how to shoot a pistol during his service in the war
Game Overview[edit | edit source]
Vampyr allows players to take control of Dr. Reid and the path he walks. The choices made can effect the world that surrounds Jonathan permanently, therefore, take responsibility for his(and your) actions.
Vampire Powers[edit | edit source]
Jonathan gains vampire abilities during the early chapters that stay with him throughout the game permanently.
- As a vampire, Jonathan is beyond mortal limitations, and this power allows him to move faster, dodge easier, and jump farther in a blink of an eye. This should not be taken for granted, for such feats can tire the doctor quickly.
- Check Skill Tree for possible enhancements.
- One of more predominate powers is the ability to Mesmerize citizens. This power grows stronger as the game progresses, allowing Jonathan take command of more citizens(victims) the higher his Mesmerizing level becomes; whether it is to lead them off to be killed, get invited into homes, or some cases, charm them.
- Allows Jonathan to focus on blood in its many forms. As a vampire, this allows him to find blood trails, determine the best course of action to deal with enemies, or spy on the many different denizens found throughout London. As a doctor, he can also see what sort of sickness a citizen may have gotten.
Combat Abilities[edit | edit source]
To fight his enemies, Reid can use melee combat alongside ranged weapons and his supernatural vampire skills.
Melee Weapons[edit | edit source]
- One-headed Weapons
- Two-handed Weapons
Ranged Weapons[edit | edit source]
Vampire Skills[edit | edit source]
To evolve his skills, Jonathan must gain experience through many different means and spend it in the Skill Tree when going to rest in a safe house. He may also use these spaces to craft items and upgrade weapons.
Active Skills[edit | edit source]
- Blood Spear
- Shadow Mist
- Blood Barrier
- Blood Cauldron
Passive Skills[edit | edit source]
- Body Condition
- Physical Prowess
- Blood Capacity
- Big Thirst
- Hard Biting
- Fast Regeneration
- Medical Bag
- Cartilage Bag
Gaining Experience[edit | edit source]
Experience within Vampyr can come from many sources, but the largest and easiest gain is from feeding off the citizens themselves! Alternative experience can come in the following methods:
- Killing enemies
- Healing the sick
- Finding collectibles
Enemies[edit | edit source]
Throughout his mission, Jonathan will be confronted by many different enemies, both undead and living.
Vampire Hunters(Guard of Priwen)
Relations[edit | edit source]
- Mary - Sister(deceased)
- Emelyne Reid - Mother
- Aubrey Reid - Father(deceased)
- Avery Cork - Family butler/caretaker
Gallery[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]
- vg247.com - About Vampyr
- https://www.vg247.com/2016/02/29/vampyr-dontnod-follow-up-to-life-is-strange/ vg247.com More about Vampyr]